Friday, March 13, 2009

I Love LA - a lot

I love LA. I also love Good Magazine. And not just because of the name. (my maiden name was "Goodman", hence my love for all things "good.") They even give 100% of their subscription fees to non-profit organizations (you get to select from a wide range of charities.) They are a great source for for anything - politics, the environment, a laugh...

So when I saw this "walkabout" of LA by photographer Mathieu Young, I had to share some of my favorite images of my favorite city.

While some may disagree, some graffiti here in LA is art... (yes, it's also vandalism, but it can be really breathtaking sometimes)


When I see my beautiful LA palm trees, I am reminded why millions of people come here for their vacations.

The one above and one below were taken near where I grew up....




And the skating man. He is a legend here in LA - always in black spandex, always skating to whatever music he has blasting from his old skool boombox.
Oh LA, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...