Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Southern Comfort . . . "


Good morning all,

As previously stated, I've got a new computer (which I love) and I've been culling through all my transferred image files trying to re-organize them into a usable format - the good news is that I've been re-discovering some of my favourite images.


These shots were from a recent "Southern Living" and were designed to show some of the best details of southern living and southern style. I grew up in Mississippi and my heart still stirs at the sight of these gracious, elegant interiors and I love the simplicity of the 'stem' green/ivory colour story.


Ooooo . . . just look at that ceiling height (a must for the ubiquitous southern heat). I might have done something different with the window treatments, but loving all the french doors.


You've got to love a bank of floor to ceiling windows allowing the light to flood into this beautiful family room.


and, yes, we have another charming bathroom. I love the idea of that hammock on the back porch just waiting for a big white bathrobe and a good book.