Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aesthetic Oiseau goes to South Carolina


Today our virtual travels take us farther south down the eastern seaboard to St Johns, South Carolina, to a home designed by the incomparable Phoebe Howard. Our tour guide today is Daniela from the DC-based blog Aesthetic Oiseau. If you're looking for inspiration for a modern interpretation of chinoiserie or incredibly stylish chinoiserie finds at a good price, Daniela is your girl. In fact, I found the lantern that now hangs in my master bathroom via Daniela and my husband still remarks what a great buy it was.

* * *

Hi everyone! I'm Daniela from Aesthetic Oiseau, and I'm thrilled to be guest blogging for Averill while she is enjoying some R&R - especially since Odi et Amo is my go-to source for constant interior inspiration! Averill is the queen of showcasing beautiful images - I'm always amazed how she pulls so many together for her posts.

Averill asked us to share images from our favorite vacation homes, and one designer immediately came to mind - Phoebe Howard. Phoebs is the tops in my book and with her home base in Florida, she can design a mean beach house.

There are two particular seaside projects by Mrs. Howard that I adore, but I picked one to show you because I love its vibrant use of color and touches of Chinoiserie...any beach house with turquoise foo dogs works for me!

If only we could all be here:

All images via phoebehoward.net


















Don't you love the punch of that dining room? And the overall colors of this house? That periwinkle and kelly green bedroom is one of my all-time favorites.

Hope you've enjoyed one of my favorite vacation spaces by one of my fave designers (and to see the other one that was in the running - click here).

Hope you're having fun Averill!