Monday, June 21, 2010

"Twilight . . . "


Greetings,

I'm often asked from where my inspiration comes. And frankly, there's never an easy answer. I always schedule a series of meetings with all new clients - we talk about the space, review aspects of their home that they love, identify the specific challenges we need to solve, and deal with the nitty gritty issues like budget and schedules . . . but, my favourite discussion revolves around "tell me how you use your home . . ."



And I tend to hear the most fascinating stories. Stories of friends gathered around a piano during the holidays. Stories of quiet nights at home - toasting the end of a busy day with a glass of champagne. The desire for a retreat from the hectic bustle of the day.



And one evening, we were having a late meeting, as they both had long days at their offices . . and we all noticed the beautiful twilight stretching across the night sky. Of the brilliant hues on the horizon. And the lights of the city dancing across the view from the 22nd floor. And in an instant, I saw their new home. Saturated royal and navy. The warmth of camel silk-velvet and mohair. Silk. Leather. With the gleam of polished chrome.



Rich mahogany. Nubby silk. Candlelight. And intimate dinners overlooking the city.



On a table - all ready for entertaining.

Cheers,
tartanscot