Friday, June 4, 2010

Classics

I love classic furniture. Everything from Louis XVI chairs (especially with a fabulous funky stain and flamboyant fabric) to mid-century classics. This month's DWR catalog was full of "classics." What I particularly love about all these mid-century goodies is that they can be mixed and matched with so many other styles...

I had a dollhouse when I was a little girl, so I'm totally in love with these "mini's," as seen in Canadian House and Home.



I love the Navy chair - we have the brushed silver as our dining chair, but these bright colors are absolutely fabulous.


The Cherner chair has long been a favorite of mine.

Love how it's used here as a barstool.


Tulip chairs. Yes, please.

I've seen lots of people use this Eames rocker in their nursery. Hip? Yes. Comfortable? Doubtful.


I have tried to spec a Platner table in just about every project I've worked on. No one has taken the bait yet...

West Elm and cb2 both have versions of the Sapien bookcase, but I'm partial to the original.