Monday, June 21, 2010

Guest Blogger: Emily A. Clark & Chic Girl's Bedroom

I am thrilled to have Emily A. Clark as a guest blogger today. She has a wonderful sense of style and has created the most beautiful, playful little girl's bedroom. I am so glad she agreed to give you a tour today. Thanks Emily! 

Cristin did a fabulous guest post on my blog earlier this month and I'm happy to be able to return the favor today. 

When we moved into our home a year and a half ago, one of my first projects was to create a "big girl room" for my then three-year-old daughter.  My goal: to create a fun girl's bedroom without using pink.  My daughter had other ideas.  You see who won. . . .


I fell in love with this green damask fabric for the bedding and painted all of the walls a pale yellow.  When the one hot pink pillow didn't suffice, I had the idea to make the polka dot pattern bigger than life on the wall behind the bed.




I used 13" circle wall decals (and did lots of tedious measuring!) to create the dots and had the hot pink paint mixed by matching it to the pillow.  My finishing touches included a mirror that I picked up at a local hotel surplus outlet for $20 and also painted the same shade of pink. 


I found this small chair on Craigslist, painted it black and recovered the seat to match the window treatment:


More small touches of pink and some favorite framed photos of her:


The finished room--until she decides she doesn't like pink anymore. . . .


You can see more of my home and my adventures in decorating it on my blog.  Cristin, thanks again for asking me guest post for you!