Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blank walls

We have a blank wall in our den that is BEGGING for some art. I'd love to get a hodge podge of framed photos and prints - like my boy Jonathan Adler shows below.

Image from InStyle August 2008.

He shows a mix of frames in the warm color family (bronze/brass/gold) with some neutrals mixed in to keep it from being overwhelming.

I've always loved this Larson Juhl ad - these frames are silver/cool toned - more keeping in the color scheme I want for my home.


What would go in all these frames? Obviously a picture of my dog, that handsome devil. A few great prints mixed in would also do the trick.


This homage to my status as a native Los Angeleno would look great (I'm think the orange color would pop with my blue/grey/black color scheme.) via Apartment Therapy

These prints by Wayne Pate are really cool - in that 60's/70's funky vibe I love. I found him via Design*Sponge








These words of inspiration will keep me going on a LONG Thursday, via Elements of Style