Friday, August 29, 2008

What's for Dinner?

My days of wedding registry are long behind me, but that doesn't keep me from coveting new housewares here and there. Here's some flatware that make me consider renewing my vows with my man.

This relative of the "spork" doesn't seem comfortable for the mouth, but would look great on the table, no? These were designed by Gio Ponti - we stayed at his hotel in Sorrento while on our honeymoon in Italy, but I don't remember using utensils this groovy. (image from Wallpaper Magazine)This image of Hermes Equestrian silverware comes from Domino Magazine, but I have seen these in a family member's home. Maybe they won't notice if I start slipping them in my purse, one by one.

Kate Spade has always been great at bringing her style into the housewares department at Bloomingdale's. Here are some great options that weren't around when my man and I were walking around with our registry gun.
Quilted like a Chanel purse. Sexy.
Sexy and modern. Well done Kate!

A great European blogger, the Style Files, blogged about Elise Rijnberg and her beautiful flatware. Like the first flatware I mentioned tonight, these are more art than practical, but fun to look at nonetheless. I would love that tablecloth (but I guess I need a dining room table first).