Sunday, August 17, 2008

Siesta

As I lounge in my new patio furniture, gazing at my beautiful water lilies (there are two now!) I think about all the other great things I could add to my outdoor haven.

Our outdoor lounge could use some more nighttime lighting - perhaps these sunjars? They suck in solar energy during the day - no batteries needed!




I also love this pot, though I would probably seriously injure or kill whatever plant goes in it.


I originally found it in Western Interiors Magazine.


We also have a second patio off the master bedroom where we currently have these Ikea chairs





Up some stairs there's a grassy nook with two trees (one is an avocado tree - guacamole anyone?) We want to add a hammock (my husband's idea).

This hammock keeps the yard from looking too Swiss Family Robinson.


But this is beautiful too.




While furniture shopping this weekend, we spied this outdoor set (the Canasta) at B&B Italia/Diva (on Robertson and Beverly). These are definitely WAY out of my price range, but they are pretty spectacular. It was designed by Patricia Urquiola, who seems to design most things I find and love on the internet. I'm sure you'll be seeing me post more of her goodies.





This hanging outdoor bed from Pottery Barn is pretty cool too



It has no place to live in my backyard. But if I were to buy it, I might swap out the white rope for something a little more sexy, like chain that can hold up to the elements, but that's just me.


And while we're on the topic of outdoor lounges, I've loved this picture for a while now.




While this set up is totally impractical, I'd love to hang out there for an afternoon drinking mint tea from Moroccan tea glasses. Just don't make me vacuum those Flokati rugs.



Sigh, I'll be spending my week in the office, rather than in my outdoor oasis. But you know when I stare blankly off into space where my mind is...