Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Go Both Ways

So I know a lot of what I have posted about is quite colorful, ecletic, fun. But I go both ways, and sometimes I can't resist a clean, quiet, sleek modern interior. In September's Metropolitan Home, there was some great modern inspiration.

This first image comes from a home designed by Scott Joyce.


If I walked in that front door everyday, I would think I lived in a high end boutique hotel.

The magazine also profiled a gorgeous NYC apartment designed by West Chin and Roseann Repetti.

This dining room is so simple, it's elegant in its quiet.

Now, I know nobody asked me to throw in my two cents, but if they did, my ideal modern home would include this gorgeous sofa from Minotti.


It's hard to make modern also look cushy and comfortable, but this covers all the bases.