Saturday, August 2, 2008

Knitta!

So I know knitting is nothing new - we've all seen Julia Roberts and the likes knitting on set for years. In fact, it's old. My grandma still knits (but I'm not sure she ever cared that it was a trend, and she definitely made a face when I was buying my yarns from chi-chi boutiques rather than K-Mart) But I digress. I'm a huge fan of knitting, which is why I was so excited when my friend send me a link to a "Knitta, please" event in LA last year. This is a guerilla knitting group that "tags" all around the city with their knitting. There's something about renegade knitting that just makes me laugh.






They popped up in my head again when I saw this table setting by the Rockwell Group at this year's DIFFA event, as published in Domino Magazine. While I'm not sure that knit cozies for your glassware are terribly practical, I do love the glow of the light fixtures through the knit chandelier.




Finally, and maybe I'm just biased because the artist and I share the same name, but I love these knitware inspired vases as shown here at her Etsy store . Kind of reminds of of the ones Nana used to knit. (I think my dad still wears his)