Monday, August 11, 2008

Either you are in, or you are out. Auf wiedersehen

Wallpaper - it's in. It's out. It's in. It's out. The jury is still out on the fickle design world's stance on wallpaper, but I'm a fan. I had an odd fascination at a young age with my nana's metallic flocked wallpaper (in her powder room.) My mother refuses to hear the word - visions of her first house in the 1970's give her dizzy spells. She has a near nervous breakdown when I mention "grasscloth."



Anyhoo, I'm planning on replacing the peeling, beige wallpaper in both my dining room and bedroom. No offense to the previous owners, but it's a bit bland. Here's some options...



I love this one for our dining room. Add a sexy light fixture and our dinner parties will be the talk of the neighborhood (rather than our creepy neighbors and their hijinx)



I saw this in Domino Magazine in a kids room. It could also be fun in a playful powder room.


Dig this one for the dining room, though have a slight suspicion I would tire of it quickly.
All papers above are from Walnut Wallpapers.


Could make a great trippy powder room.


Another finalist for the dining room, though MAJORLY overused. Boo


Good for my Indian brothel-inspired bedroom.


Above wallpapers from Cole and Son.


White and gold. A nice 80's glam color combo, slightly softened by the natural print.The retro print kind of reminds me of Mr. Adler (does this fourth mention of his design require a restraining order?) I love the above peacock print, so I had to show it in every colorway. Now THAT is what I call a sexy bedroom.

Above acid-trip inspired wall papers are from Wallpaper from the 70's.

Stay tuned for more wallpapers people.