Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tents, Glorious Tents!

There's something magical about a tent. Who didn't build little homemade indoor tents as a kid, using a bed sheet and some random chairs, broomsticks, whatever was available.
As an adult, I still find tents to have a magical, transformative effect on me.

I've been wanted to visit this "hotel" for a while now - it's what people are calling "glamping" - glamorous camping. The El Capitan Canyon in Santa Barbara allows for a great compromise for couples - he wants a tent in Joshua Tree, she wants the Four Seasons - this gives a little something to everyone.
I'm not the most outdoorsy girl, but having these beautiful tents (already set up and not looking like they will fall over in the middle of the night), makes me want to commune with nature. And there are REAL beds inside. There are cabins too, for those who do prefer four walls.

These tents from Raj Tents can be rented for parties, to give them a really special and unique vibe



I would love to stay in an Aman Resort before I die.





The tent above, from Domino Magazine, would be my ideal spot for a small birthday party.

And if you slept under a mosquito tent bed like the picture below (also from Domino), wouldn't every night feel like a vacation?