Thursday, April 30, 2009

Best Day of my Life

With so many weddings this year (my brother, my sister, my husband's cousin and 3 close friends), I find myself reminiscing about my own AMAZING wedding, almost 3 years ago. It was really the greatest day of my life (which was then followed by the greatest three weeks of my life on honeymoon in Italy).

The hotel we got married at is the Figueroa Hotel in Downtown LA - it was the perfect combination of romantic and funky. It is designed in a Spanish Moroccan style - one of my favorite looks.... Here's a little hotel tour.

While I was doing my final primping, the guests were enjoying white wine in "Rick's Place"

Pink bougainvillea ALWAYS makes me feel like I'm on vacation.


They really know how to use candles to make the place glow...


We were married on the gorgeous tiled patio by the pool.

It was Fourth of July weekend at sunset and it was SO hot. I'm surprised none of the guests jumped in the pool...

After dinner by the pool, guests walked down this romantically lit hallway.



To enjoy dancing in Room Tangier...
Or just drinking and lounging in Club Fez (they are two adjoining rooms)

My husband and I got to spend our first night as a married couple in their Casablanca Suite - which is STUNNING.



For our next anniversary, I might have to book a night in their Marrakech suite.
All that Moroccan reminiscing makes me want to bring some luxurious Moroccan elements into my own home:

I LOVE Moroccan leather poufs - I don't think they will EVER go out of style.

From Just Morocco


Also from Just Morocco
I still love metallics. This is from Le Souk, a online shop of the Style Files blogger.


Lawson Fenning, one of my favorite LA shops, has these Moroccan-y two side tables.

Or another gorgoues tea tray and table from Le Souk.


For more stunning Moroccan looks, check out one of my favorite blogs, My Marrakesh!

She also sells gorgeous Moroccan goodies, like this gorgeous vintage Beni Ourain carpet
Look at this luxurious wool! Images from her Flickr.

I'm dying to go to Morocco, but until I have my plane ticket in hand, I might need to turn my home into a little Oasis here in LA...