Monday, April 6, 2009

"Happy Tartan Day"


Good morning,

You'll need to sit back and relax, this one is gonna take a while, lol. April 6 has been declared National Tartan Day to recognize Scottish/Americans across our nation. And well, I'm also going to claim it to celebrate my affinity for tartan. I often wondered where my great love of these traditional clan plaids comes from. But, grandfather's from Scotland, so it might be genetic? lol.


Ralph Lauren's "Noble Estate" collection. Fall 2008.

in my own study.

Ralph Lauren "Modern Duke"

the ever stylish Lapo Elkann.


at the RL "Mansion" during the holiday season.

My own home a few years ago during Christmas.

part of my shamefully extensive china collection. lol.

Tartan on the runway.

and you can only begin to imagine how much I love the holiday season. This is my study a few years ago for my holiday cocktail party.

More tartan kilts on the runway.


Cozy tartan.


Denton/Gardiner's amazing work at Glenfeshie Lodge in Scotland.

Dolce and Gabana Advert.

Ewan McGregor. being especially traditional.

From my collection of antique tartanware. Including a collection of Robert Burns poetry.

No, this isn't my car. But, hmmmmm . . . . .

"HTD!" Happy Tartan Day.

My sincere wishes for a great Tartan Day, and my huge thanks to GrannySmithGreen for interviewing me in her new "Inside the Designer's Studio" series. Granny is always such fun to work with and I'm honored to be featured on her site.

Now go and wear some plaid.