Monday, April 20, 2009

Showcase Showdown

It was a HOT Sunday in Los Angeles (in the high 90's), but I managed to make it out to Pasadena with my mom to see the opening day of the Pasadena Showcase House - and I was not disappointed. Even though I thought I was going to have a heat stroke a few times, it was a great afternoon.

We weren't allowed to take photos, but were given a brochure with images of each room. Here are some of my favorites...

My absolute favorite - the "Young Adult's Bedroom" designed by David Dalton, Inc. He used stunning Trina Turk fabrics, bold choices, my favorite wall mirror... Ahhhh.

Young adult room? I'll take it now, thank you.


The adjoining bathroom, with this gorgeous mirror. By Cory Pernicano Design.


I wish this picture also included the AMAZING faux bois (fake wood) ceramic shower tiles. GORGEOUS. Darn you Pasadena Showcase House and your no photography rule.


A few other notable bathrooms:

The Master Bath - Saxony Street Design Group

The marble wall tiles and the white & silvery draperies are stunning.



Guest Suite Bathroom - Sensi Design
The flooring (I believe it's from Walker Zanger) took my breath away.



The library had a sumptuous color palette - rich browns, dark plums, luxurious creams. Notice the nailhead pattern on the ceiling. These designers didn't miss a detail. By Amy Devault Interior Design, Inc.

The picture doesn't do justice - there were so many beautiful things going on in this room.



And finally the Debutante's Bedroom (because what house doesn't have a Debutante's bedroom?) By Jennifer Dyer (one of the partners of the fab design firm Design and Style.)Loved the wallpapered ceiling, hanging chandelier. Girly yet sophistocated.

I had to buy an overpriced bottled water to make it through the house alive. ($8 for a medium sized Evian? Highway robbery!) But the day was totally worth it. Thanks for treating mom!