Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Is there a butler in the house?"


Good afternoon all,

I'm curious, who out there uses a cleaning service for your home regularly?  Who can't even image having someone in your home to clean for you?

Personally, I have someone (the delightful George!) come in every other week to deal with the basic cleaning of my flat.  no laundry.  no bedding.  no dishes.  Just kitchen and bath cleaning plus vacuuming and dusting (dust being the principle enemy of my home.) 

It is slightly disruptive having someone in the house . . . and inevitably, I end up kinda straightening up the house before he gets here.  No quite "cleaning up for the cleaning service," but sorta . . . lol.  Because of my crazy schedule these last few weeks, I ended up not having him in last time, and damn, the house has totally gotten out of control.  

So today (and possibly part of tomorrow) is all about reclaiming the lovely home that I treasure.  Laundry, dishes, fresh bedding, clean towels, and a clean, organized desk.


Maybe George should bring reinforcements on Wednesday ?