Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Bigger . . . "


" . . . and better things."

Good evening,

It's been another one of those surfin'-the-internet-sipping-English-tea kinda evenings here at the house . . . and YAY,  I just ran across some images (originally from Domino Magazine) of my old friend Michael Bastian's witty apartment in Manhattan.  Michael and I worked together billions of years ago when I was still at Polo in San Francisco and Michael was in New York with RL Home Collection.


I remember loving Michael's quirky style 10 years ago!  and I've always loved his NY apartment.  There is just such a great mix of flea market finds and 'more serious' furniture and artwork carefully mixed together.  I was so crushed when the Domino website closed, because there used to be the most adorable video of Michael leading a tour through his charming place.  

Michael's moved on since those old days and now is a big player in the fashion world with his own men's clothing line.  I always knew he was destined for great things.

I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend.  I have one last concert on Saturday with my chamber choir . . . and then I can hang up my vocal chords for a few months . . . whew . . . lol.