Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"O, Sweet and Joyous Blogspot . . . "

" . . . how I have missed thee."

Good morning all,

Sorry I've been a bit 'radio silent' for the last week or so . . . the good news is that business has been really great, and the opera production was a blast.  The draw-back was I seemed to have almost no time to blog . . . either reading or writing . . . lol.

But, I'm feeling all bright and shiny this morning (just home from a great workout), working from home today,  and thought I'd share some of these amazing bright, perky interiors that I found digging around in my image files.

I traditionally don't use very much yellow in my design work, but these beautiful rooms are making me rethink that position.  Seriously, how beautiful is this elegant room?

And I always love the addition of a graphic zebra skin, just to keep things interesting.  And the dark woods and chocolate velvet just adds to the drama.

I just read somewhere (please don't ask me to try to find it at this point . . . sorry) that yellow is on track to be the next big colour in design for Spring 2010.  Maybe we should all get ready to live in a much more bright, shiny world . . . yay.

I should be getting some proper images from the opera production and I'll post them as soon as they are available.


I'll take Susan's advice (from the first comment) and ask - what interesting talent or hobby do you love.

I'll go first - I sing opera and fence.