Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eva Zeisel

I (heart) Eva Zeisel. She's 102 years old, and the woman is still designing up a storm. She is so incredibly talented, so it's fabulous that she keeps blessing us with her gorgeous things.

Below is her design for a new rug carried at the Rug Company. This rug is based on her design for her belly-button room dividers. Just what every needs, a belly button rug ;)

Gorgeous colors, great pattern, fabulous woman. Image from Metropolitan Home.


But she is most famous for her ceramic designs. I LOVE her line at Crate and Barrel. My husband and I typically see eye-to-eye, but when registering for china back in our engaged days, we could not agree on this. I adored these plates, he didn't get it...


Husband or plates? I think I made the right choice - he's a keeper. Plus, I can start buying the plates, bowls and accessories one by one and start sneaking them into our cupboards...