Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home Sweet - Willa Home

Recently I visited Willa Home, a lovely home and garden boutique in the Burlingame - near my home and just 30 minutes south of San Francisco. I hadn't dropped by in nearly a year and was pleasantly surprised to see how the store has evolved. Elena Duggan, the original owner of Willa Home, recently partnered up with longtime friend Lisa Wilson, formerly of The Pickled Hutch. The store has been reinvented with a wonderful blend of vintage treasures and contemporary home décor. I love the fact that Willa Home offers a little something for everyone.


The boutique has lots of wonderful natural light from skylights, but you can't help but notice the gorgeous lighting available including several vintage chandeliers hanging from the aqua ceiling. My favorite was this brass chandelier with turquoise glass tear-drops. It would look incredible in a bathroom setting above the tub.

I particularly liked the vintage glass bottle collection topped with beautiful jeweled crosses and sealife. Love the seahorse. In the rear of the store you'll find gorgeous quilts and pillows. And here another delightful vintage glass & crystal chandelier caught my eye. Wouldn't it be so sweet in a little girl's room?

Lisa and Elena also do a fantastic job displaying their merchandise. Here is an example of a beautiful collection of white porcelain, red roses and a splash of aqua.


During my visit at Willa Home, I had the pleasure of meeting Lisa. She was delightfully supportive when I asked about writing an article about her store on my blog, told me about her own blog and gave me some great blogging advice. She also pointed about some darling vintage "bee" gift tags. Of course, I had to get them. Thanks Lisa!

Fellow blogger, Josephine at Red Thread posted a great interview with Lisa and included some incredible photos. Also a thank you to Rachel at Dwellings and Décor for inspiring me too!

When visiting the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area, be sure to drop by Willa Home. You won't be disappointed.

Willa Home
1414 Burlingame Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010
1.650.375.1213
info@willahome.com
open Tuesday through Saturday from 10-6

*images from Simplified Bee, Willa Home and Red Thread