Thursday, July 9, 2009

"In this Troubled Economy . . . '


Greetings all,

Of all things that inspire my blog posts, my hope is that this will be one of the *few* based on a facebook status . . . lol.

Yesterday was a tough day at the office and I made a silly facebook posting that "one of my more troublesome clients might need a spanking . . . lol." (and let me put some parameters on 'troublesome' - paraphrased, sort of - "can you please place the order for the new fabric today, tell the workroom to rush the project, and I'll send you the payment when I have a moment." um, no.) My 'status' brought out a flurry of responses from fellow designers and friends alike with everything from - "after you finish, could you spank one of my clients" to "in this economy, you need every client you can find."

It was that last statement that has had me thinking for most of today. In this economy (or in any economy), should you cater to every person who wants your services?

Discuss . . .