Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Some Lantern Envy . . . "

Greetings all, For some odd reason - I just seem to love lanterns. I won't try to explain it. I'm not sure I could explain it even if I tried . . . lol. The above lantern, and the wonderful library that it reigns over, is from the East Hampton home of PR powerhouse Scott Currie and is yet another inspiring article from the latest edition of Elle Decor. I'm also loving those bright chinoiserie-styled chairs giving the room some punch.
Scott Currie. Relaxing by the pool.
Yay. Another room - this time the living room - and another antique lantern (a find from the Paris flea market). Once again, I love the use of the bright fresh colours paired with the more sedate furnishings. Oh my. A quick trip out to the back deck for an al fresco dinner, and yay, more lantern (from Beall & Bell) illuminations.
The master bedroom is all its casual glory. The collection includes that handsome antique bed, simple burlap drapes (with grosgrain trim), and yet another charming fixture.
Entryway. Another lantern.