Monday, July 20, 2009

RIP Smith and Hawken

Friday afternoon I was out with a client and we were discussing the troubled economy. "Can you believe that even Smith and Hawken is going out of business?" she said. I was a bit bummed - while I had never purchased anything there before, I always liked their fancy gardening goodies... and I realized I had a $150 gift card there as a housewarming gift that had been sitting in my wallet for months, so I skipped my Saturday yoga class and hightailed it over to the Beverly Hills store with my hubby to cash in my gift card before it became obsolete.

Was happy to find some great deals, but sad to see the store closing. The guy who helped us was SO knowledgeable and kind, it's hard to know that these people will soon be out of work.

Wow, what a sad posting. On the brighter side, I found some fantastic finds and only spent $22 above my gift card...

Got this gorgeous planter I had been eyeing on their website for months.

We picked up a dwarf Meyer lemon tree at the nursery -- waiting to see some lemons pop!



Got two of these sweet little topiaries for my mantle (and you know how I love my topiaries!)
Best wishes to all the nice people at Smith and Hawken!