Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Meanwhile, Back in New York . . . "



Greetings and salutations,

Well everyone, it's almost here. As of the writing of this post, it's less than 10 days until Christmas. Eeeeeeek. And in an effort to procrastinate just a tiny bit more, I'm surfing around looking at holiday decorations. And, seriously, how MUCH do I love the wondrous apartment of interior designer Benjamin Bradley in New York from NY Social Diary. The man really seems to knows how to make me smile.

I just love the complete exuberance of the whole house. Each space so carefully considered. And each room so clearly dressed for the season.


The dining room all aglow with simple white light, fresh greenery, masses
of pine cones, and a perennial 'tartanscot' favourite - an amazing lantern.



"It's a childhood thing. I think people for the most part are in
pretty good moods during the holidays it at least a little more
willing to say 'Happy Holidays.' There's sort of a celebration
about the whole thing, or at least an over-the-top
abundance, which I find invigorating."

In a simple word, 'Yay.' Love the colour. Love the bedding. Love the portrait.
And that simple pine garland must fill the space with the most amazing scent.


And one can rarely go wrong when there's a glimmer of tartanware in the photo. I think it's MucDuff tartan - but, I'm willing to be wrong about that . . . lol.

I've been making a few changes here at the house to get ready for a small gathering on New Year's Eve. And I gotta get back to work . . . lol.

Adding a few more icicles to the tree,
tartanscot

Photography by Jeffrey Hirsch.