Tuesday, December 8, 2009

T is for... Tabletop

With the holidays upon us, a gorgeous tabletop is a top priority for most hostesses. While I didn't get to do any major holiday hosting this year, these are some ideas I will keep on the back burner until my next big fete.

I LOVE this image from House Beautiful - a tabletop design idea by Martha Angus, a San Francisco interior designer.
Between the de Gournay wallpaper as tablecloth and the gorgeous gold accents, I'm in love.

Here are some accessories I'd add to the mix:

These chic Modern Monogram cocktail napkins by Sferra (featured in Elle Decor) are tre chic. Love the clean font.



These goodies were suggested by Kelly Wearstler in House Beautiful - my stepmom has those dishes - they might slowly start disappearing from her house (and into my purse!)The glasses are Michael C Fina, the dishes are vintage Sascha Brastoff "Surf Ballet," and the flatware in Alessi.


This pineapple bottle opener would be a good replacement for my current Target one.

By Verdura (featured in Elle Decor.)


I also love this tablescape from House Beautiful - this one by Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge.

Some more things I'd add to the mix:


Gorgeous mother-of-pearl spreaders from Williams-Sonoma Home.
From In Style magazine, Nov 09.


And some fabulous horn tumblers (don't worry, these were naturally shed by buffaloes. No buffaloes were harmed in the making of these tumblers.)
From Sourceperrier - featured in Domino magazine Dec 08/Jan 09.


A fantastic Roost candleholder from

From In Style magazine, Nov 09.

I always love the tablescapes that come out of the DIFFA Dining by Design event. Here are some favorites: The New York Times designed by Ankasa



Moment of Luxury designed by William Stubbs hosted by Architectural Digest



Domino designed by Allison Sarofim and Stuart Parr

All these tablescapes are making me hungry!