Thursday, December 31, 2009

"10 - 9 - 8 - 7 . . . "


Greetings and Salutations,

The next time the sun rises over the east bay hills here in San Francisco - it will be the beginning of a new decade. of a new year. of a new day. and of another simple Friday. and another chance to start over. or a chance to simply keep going forward.



But, tonight will be filled with merriment.





And reveling crowds in the streets.



This last year has been such an amazing time for me. Celebrating some great successes with my business. Having the chance to perform with some amazing musicians and friends. And 2009 will always be remembered as the year that I started blogging (though I first began writing in late 2008 - no one but my mother and a few friends were reading until this year - lol.) And I love having the chance to share part of my life with you. And I hope the new year brings me further opportunities to meet more of you in person.



But, I've never been a huge 'party-goer' for New Years Eve. There have been a few years that I've seen the ball drop - and heard the clock strike midnight - but, most likely, I'm in bed - sleeping quietly - for I love to be up early on New Year's morning - usually for a long run. Clearing my head. Setting my sights on new goals. Putting it on paper. Making it happen.

So - my New Year's celebration is rarely about midnight - but more about the dawn. The eastern sky slowly beginning to illuminate. The new year slowly becoming a reality.



Ready. Set. 2010. Go.

Happy New Year,
tartanscot