Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Deal of the Week: Greek Key Tray

18" brass greek key tray from Nate Berkus

My obsession with classical Greek art and architecture -- and particularly greek key -- is well documented at this point (see HERE and HERE). I've got bold greek key lamps in my living room and a smattering of the classical motif elsewhere throughout the house. So of course when I spied this brass and mirror greek key tray from Nate Berkus (on sale for $49.99!) over at HSN.com (which has rapidly become my new online shopping obsession -- HSN is so much more than costume jewelry and weird beauty gimmicks these days!), I couldn't resist.

The tray in its new home...my den

This was my first purchase from Nate's line and I was admittedly nervous about the quality as Nate's previous line at Bed, Bath & Beyond was very hit and miss. But, when the tray arrived just a few days later, I was pleasantly surprised by its quality. The tray is large, weighty and looks significantly more expensive in person than its $50 price tag would suggest.

All in all, I'd say it's just about the perfect gift this holiday season for the design aficionado on your list. But caveat emptor: you may want to keep this one for yourself.