Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baby G. Update: Week 5


On Monday Baby G. turned one month old and I have to say it both feels like he's been around forever and that he was just born yesterday. What makes me happiest is that I feel like I'm starting to get more back every day: he's more alert, more active, and even starting to coo and verbalize some! Even better, we're starting to get more sleep as he's been sleeping 5-7 hours straight at night for the past 10 days or so.   I know, I know...I shouldn't brag and it's likely to come back to bite me in the behind in a few weeks or months (or with the next child), but for now I'm eternally grateful for the rest.


So far, his favorite activity (apart from eating, of course!) seems to be laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling fan, but he also loves car rides and walks in his stroller. He's a pretty serious baby, perhaps due to Dave's habit of discussing news and politics with him every night, and is already showing signs of being very independent. He tends to prefer sleeping in his bassinet to in someone's arms and is already good at falling asleep on his own (provided he doesn't get himself too worked up first!).



As you can tell from those chubby cheeks, he's also putting on weight like a champ. At his one month check-up last week, he weighed in at 10 pounds, 8 ounces and based on our inexact weigh-in at home, he's now over 11! I certainly hope he's an early walker because at this rate, I won't be able to carry him for long!