Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"National Tartan Day, 2011 . . . "


Me, in all my tartan glory.
Greetings,

For those of y'all who are regular readers - you'll know that we do things big and plaid here each year on April 6th.  The date was chosen as "National Tartan Day" for those of us of Scottish descent to celebrate our highland heritage.  If you hear bagpipes in the distance, it might just be me!

And as usual, I've decided to embrace the day and post a flurry of my favourite plaid images - enjoy . . .

Polo/Ralph Lauren
Barrie Benson, from Domino Magazine
(photo credit - Laura Resin)
SMW Design, Holiday 2008
"Plaid is the New Black" featuring my home and some good friends
My Own Bedroom.  
(photo credit - Nicolas Smith)
The Draper's Kitchen, from Mad Men.
The late Alexander McQueen and Sarah Jessica Parker.
Summer Thornton, Chicago 
SMW Design, San Francisco
(photo credit - Nicolas Smith)







My own home - dressed for dinner,  Holiday 2009
From Country Living
(photo credit - Keith Scott Morton)

Michael Bastian, one of my favourite Menswear designers





Charlotte Moss, for Elle Decor
(photo credit - Pieter Estersohn)

SMW Design, San Francisco.  Holiday 2010
(photo credit - Nicolas Smith)

And the now, ubiquitous image of tartan sheep.
You might also enjoy "National Tartan Day" posts from previous years.  Here's 2010 and 2009.

Cheers,
Scot