Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Interior Design of the Day: Jennifer Lopez’s LA Home by Michelle Workman

michelle workman j lo staircase
Today I am excited to be blogging about a favorite interior design over at Staci Edward's {inspired by life} blog.  It was really hard to narrow down my absolute favorite interior design, so I am focusing on one I am loving at the moment: current American Idol judge, Jennifer Lopez’s Los Angeles home by the very talented  designer Michelle Workman which was recently featured in Veranda. {speaking of American Idol - how in the heck could Pia get voted off? Craziness.}

michelle workman jennifer lopez LA home
Originally Jennifer wanted a French inspired interior, but changed her mind and left Michelle just three months to pull the project together. Talk about pressure! The result is a glamorous, home that is fresh and inviting. "Jennifer wanted to go modern and streamlined but retain the sophistication and stylishness," says Michelle in the Veranda article.

michelle workman jennifer lopez kitchen
Here is a peak at my favorite room, the kitchen. I  typically gravitate to all white kitchens, but I am loving the cool gray-blue cabinets with white countertops. Gorgeous. Be sure to drop by Staci’s blog to see more of this beautiful home.

Michelle also designed a West Hollywood condo that I love and think you just might too.