Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A little post-moving indulgence...


The only thing I've ever purchased from Wiliams-Sonoma Home is a set of black and white chinoiserie dessert plates that I scored at a Pottery Barn outlet outside Austin. As much as I adore WSHome's general aesthetic, its prices tend to make my very price-conscious husband hyperventilate. So generally I just do a little virtual window shopping, admire all the prettiness, and then surf on over to Pottery Barn to see if it has something similar.

But not today. Today, I decided to indulge myself and buy my own housewarming present. I couldn't help but give in to this lovely bedding's siren song -- with its pagodas, geometric scrolls and lovely colonial blue, it was practically screaming "AVERILL! BUY ME!!"

And so I did. Hopefully, by the time they arrive the new master bedroom will be in good enough shape for a few photos.