Monday, August 3, 2009

Year One! and Adirondacks too

Happy Birthday to me!
Candle pic from Flickr

Yesterday my blog turned one! It has been such a fantastic year - starting a blog, starting my own interior design business... I am so appreciative to everyone who reads this blog and all the fantastic bloggers out there who are constantly offering their support! Thank you to everyone. And special thanks to my husband, who amazes me everyday with his love and support.

So how did I celebrate my blog's birthday? By buying outdoor furniture, of course.

My husband found these FABULOUS adirondack chairs at Target - by Smith and Hawken (RIP!)



We bought two and have them facing each other so we have a place to sit while our dog takes care of business. The green lanterns are from Z Gallerie. I'm planning on having pillows made - I'm thinking navy and white wide stripes... Yum.


And because one set of adirondack chairs wasn't enough, we got a second set, from CVS of all places, in lime green.
They are between the herb garden (which is doing well!) and the bbq. These were also found by my husband. They look quite Philippe Starck/Karim Rashid in person. I have trained my husband well.

And one more thank you before I sign off - thank you to everyone for your wonderful encouragement and kind words about Thursday's post, my first interior design project. All your comments put a huge smile on my face and I was floating on air for the rest of the week! Now, back to Earth!