Wednesday, August 5, 2009

" Love, Love, Love . . . "

Greetings,

I, like so many of you, get so excited when my copy of House Beautiful shows up at the door, and my clear favourite is the small Los Angeles home of Joe Nye. Such wonderful colours. Such beautiful details. Such amazing textiles. Such a playful sense of scale and proportion.

"You practically have to walk sideways to get around.
But I live alone, so 'sensible' doesn't have to prevail."
Joe Nye

Seriously, how charming and wonderful. Love the paper, love the mirror, and I love the glimpse of chinoiserie wall covering through the opened door.

"Since the apartment only has one bathroom, it also has to function as the powder room, so Nye wanted it to be 'slightly dramatic, and as elegant as possible.' "


And, anyone with a collection of tartanware boxes nestled in their bedroom is CLEARLY going to be a-okay in my book. lol.