Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Lonny Lowdown

Each time Lonny (the fab online magazine) comes out, I squeal with joy and run to my computer to post my favorite goodies. While today I wasn't able to run to my computer (had a client meeting this morning, followed by an epic visit to the Pacific Design Center to find the PERFECT blue velvet - I honestly might have gotten 50 samples), I am thrilled to present you with the best of the best, my favorite looks from the third issue of Lonny.

The cover features the apartment of sisters Victoria and Antonia Thompson. Also features the Dash & Albert rug I blogged about yesterday (great minds think alike?)

Their apartment was my favorite spread - gorgeous and eclectic - looked well thought-out without looking stuffy or overly designed.

Great use of zebra.

That mirror on the mantel is killer.


Another great spread was on designer Betsy Burnham (who I shown some blog love here before) and her Instant/Space design services - doing design concepting for a client who will then go out themselves and do the leg work/purchasing - a great idea for doing a long distance job (like I am for a friend in Washington DC!) or for a client who is looking for a custom designed home without a ridiculous price tag. Love the final product!



And the coolest part of the article? It included my friend from design school, Alyssa! (that's her on the right)

An image from another article - my husband and I are planning a similar idea for our hallway - this image made me even more excited for it!


In another spread, I LOVE this Farrow + Ball wallpaper.

And finally, a tabletop that's definitely inspiring me to through a dinner party! Another great issue!!!