Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Martha Martha Martha!

As time marches on, Martha Stewart keeps surprising me with how current her art/craft ideas are. I Tivo'd a random episode recently in which Martha and her guest made adorable cocktail ring out of pipe cleaners (check out the how-to on video HERE.) Once I clear out some free time, I'll definitely be making one for myself.

In the March issue of her magazine, Martha featured these GORGEOUS genealogy/family tree charts by My Tree & Me. I think these would make for an awesome out-of-the-box baby shower gift/nursery decor/etc.

I LOVE this one - the colors are so striking. Though with my messy family genealogy (we have not kept the best records of my distant Eastern European ancestors) I might not have enough info to fill in all those name slots.)

These lighter colors would also be great.

For those of us who can't trace our roots TOO far back, this simple geometric one is a great option:

This one would be great in a grouping of other frames

This is a great, hip take on the traditional "family tree"Oh Martha, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind.