Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thesis - Graffiti

Back in the day, pre-blog, pre-running-my-own-design-firm, I was an interior design grad student. While it was a blast, I do not miss the all-nighters, the teary-eyed phone calls to my husband after a rough critique...

But when looking through a magazine yesterday (California Home+Design), I saw this fantastic image of a graffiti art bathroom:



It totally brought me back to my grad school thesis project - an LA artists colony in which artists would have live/work lofts above a gallery space and cafe. I incorporated graffiti art into the hallway (which can then be seen through the paneless windows.)



I got super into the project, I even imagined that Marc Jacobs had decided to take up residence there and had a solo show in the gallery...
LOVED working on this project, but I definitely love being done with school!