Friday, June 26, 2009

Dwell on Design - the Rundown

So I hope you read some of my tweets about the Dwell on Design event! It was a good time (anything with my good friend Michelle is a good time!) They had some interesting installations, some great accessories, some fabulous gardening idea, but I was underwhelmed by some of the items displayed. There wasn't a lot in the arena of new home architecture/design ideas, which is probably a sign of the economy more than anything else...

But, here is my rundown of my favorites:

Ligne Roset, a furniture company I have blogged about in the past, had this stunning installation right as you walked in...

It looked like interconnected, folded, felted wool shapes. In person, it was gorgeous, and the deep peacock blue color they used was fabulous. I've got their furniture catalog and I'm looking forward to spending my afternoon perusing it!


I blogged about these Log Bowls back in October - I was happy to see they look even prettier in person! That blue one - center, front - really wanted to come home with me.


And as I twittered earlier - Gardening is definitely the new black. Gardening isn't just for our moms anymore. I think with the economy in the pooper, people are going back to basics, like cooking, gardening... things that are fun, relaxing, and not super expensive... Here were some of my favorite gardening items:

This herb planter/table.

I'm not sure your herbs could be any fresher.



My FAVORITE overall booth was Woolly Pockets - these amazing breathable pots.

An entire woolly planter wall. The iPhone pic does not do it justice.



Another company (didn't see their name) had a wall of herb pots. Cute AND keeps the critters out.


A groovy tall pot.


Vitra also had a great display area, with their Vegetal chair (which was actually quite comfy!)

Their adorable kids chairs...



And elephants!
All in all, a great morning. I have some more product brochures to go through, so there will definitely be a part two on Monday...

I think I'll definitely be having a gardening weekend!