Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yummy Design

I love a gorgeous restaurant. It really combines my two favorite things on Earth: food and design.

This month's Dwell Magazine had an LA insert - these images are from the 2009 AIA Los Angeles Restaurant Design Awards - I have to visit them both!

LAMILL Coffee... might be a great spot to read through all my design magazines...


Love the colors, the wall murals, the grand chandelier.
Photo by Ashley Acuna


Comme Ca is another fabulous LA restaurant I have yet to visit. Well, to be totally honest, I had reservations there last year for my birthday, but the restaurant was SO loud, no one could hear each other talk, so we chose to move to the restaurant across the street. My birthday is around holiday time, so there were lots of large parties, so I'll definitely have to give it a second shot.
Black and silver - a classic!
Photo by Erhard Pfeiffer