Monday, June 15, 2009

Herb

So I maybe had one of my best weekends of all time. I napped, I relaxed, I went to a FABULOUS wedding... and I gardened. Yes, you heard it right. I spent Sunday gardening and I LOVED it.

It wasn't the most difficult gardening, but it was a good start. No wonder my parents spend hours and hours working on there's - it's super relaxing, you are outside, there is a goal that is usually easily achieved in one afternoon.

So my gardening for beginners was creating an herb garden beneath my kitchen window. So all I had to do was transfer the herbs to larger pots... add soil... water... voila! Herb garden!



All my pretty pots in a row...





Thyme






Mint





The posse (left to right: parsley, fennel, sage, thyme. Top shelf: chives)




African Blue Basil.


So I've gardened, learned to cook, knit, learned how to play mahjong... I think I'm officially turning into an old lady. And it's not so bad!

Any tips on how to keep these herbs alive? I can sure re-pot them, but my track record for keeping plants alive is not so hot.