Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


So today is my 28th birthday and I celebrated the occasion by buying myself [do you ever do this?] the Havana large hobo in Eucalyptus from the Brooklyn-based accessories company Hayden-Harnett. Even better, I scored it off Ideeli for about 60% off (because it's so much better when you treat yourself guilt-free). While I love the utilitarian/goes-with-everything gray color, I absolutely adore the fun lining:

I'm always a sucker for great lining, be it in a handbag or in a coat. I know it's a little silly since no one really sees the lining except for owner, but that bright shot of color and/or pattern every time I open my bag or take off my jacket makes me inexplicably happy. Are you the same way?

I also really liked this little extra detail inside the tag:

A lovely quote, don't you think? It's small touches like these that make me gravitate towards smaller, lesser known designers.

P.S. - Dave did indulge me by complying with my public request that he get me the Jonathan Adler dachshund. She is now sitting proudly in our bedroom, looking adorable:


For now though, I'm off to enjoy what's left of my birthday and the weekend. Dave and I are heading out to play tennis, check on the new house, and do a little refrigerator browsing. For dinner, my sister is cooking up quite the spread over at my parents' house. Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!