Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Blog Stew . . . "


So, kinda cleaning things up before the weekend - so the contents of my refrigerator are being transformed into a yummy stew . . . and I thought I'd also clean through my random ideas for blog topics and some random thoughts from my day.

Michael Jackson. He provided the great deal of the soundtrack to a great deal of my youth. But, he turned into a strange man as an adult . . . I will never forget his amazing music, but the media frenzy is already getting on my nerves. Farrah, maybe. Michael, no.

Yes, you'll think it's strange (isn't that a line from Evita . . . the mind wanders . . . lol), but whilst at lunch this afternoon, I had an oddly lengthy conversation about my dislike of tomatoes on my hamburgers. Frankly, most restaurant tomatoes are much too soggy to be part of my burger, and I would prefer not to even have them on the plate - because, then you have to put them off to the side, over by the fries - and then THEY get soggy. So no tomatoes, not even on the plate. thank you.

Still working on designing some new furniture - toiled for a while with my upholsterer this morning on a few details as we work on prototypes. More later. (and that's an image I pulled from google - it's not part of my new furniture line - you'll have to wait to see that!)

Yay - we started a new opera tonight for a performance later in the summer. Purcell is SO fun to sing and - double yay - it's in English.

Speaking of opera - Many of you have asked for some pictures from the production I was in a few months ago . . . so - here's a few shots from Rigoletto with SF Lyric Opera. It was set during prohibition in Chicago. Great sets. Great costumes. Great music. Great fun.
(if you're looking for me - bottom right, on the floor - with the hooker, seriously.)

On our way to kidnap the soprano.

And Rigoletto's shameful mocking at the hands of the chorus. It's kinda hard to sing and snarl for 10 minutes straight. lol.

And - what am I up to - triple yay - the big camping, white-water-rafting trip this weekend. Just got a brand new tent . . . can't wait to be up in the woods.

Cheers,
tartanscot