Thursday, November 5, 2009

B is for... Beds

I am looking for the perfect bed. I've had my Ikea bed since I graduated college, and well, I think it's time for a big girl bed.

Here are some fantastical beds that have me drooling.

This gorgeous bed with the quatrefoil design at the head might be the most beautiful bed I've ever laid eyes on.
Room by Thom Felicia, featured in House Beautiful Nov 09.


Fabric canopies above beds always make me feel like I'm in a gorgeous New York City hotel room. I can't wait to do this for a client someday! (It won't work in my home with our sloped ceilings).


Both images from Coastal Living (top: Oct 09, bottom: Nov 09)


This bed from Oly Studio is decadent and lovely. I kinda wish they had photographed it with a mattress and beautiful bedding, but I think we can use our imaginations.


Anthropologie has some options fit for a princess


And finally this amazing bed from Christopher Guy - reminds me of the canopy chairs I love:I can't wait to use this one somewhere! Sometimes I think I need to buy another house to fit all the furniture I love...