Thursday, November 19, 2009

J is for... Jewelry

I find inspiration everywhere. On a recent trip to Disneyland, I saw a jellyfish on the Nemo ride that is inspiring me to design a chandelier. Weird, yes. True? Yes.

One huge source of inspiration to me is jewelry - here are some parallels/inspirations that I have found the are both in jewelry and interiors:

Keys have been a big motif this year (I love the Tiffany key necklace). One of my favorite jewelry designers, Wendy Mink, makes this more affordable and funky looking piece:




Love vintage keys in home decor too - like these from Pottery Barn.

This tassel necklace (also by Wendy Mink) might have to find a home in my jewelry box


Obviously, the interior "tie in" here is with tassels - which can be used as drapery tie-backs, upholstery details...


Love this gorgeous image from high-end showroom Janet Yonaty.

Or this affordable adorable one from West Elm (which we bought for a client's bedroom!)


J. Crew has become a go-to for jewelry - LOVE this necklace.

Love the same gold drippy feeling on these Wendy Mink earrings


I think they both tie in gorgeously with this drippy chandelier.
Room was designed by Kara Mann (whose interiors I always love) for the Met Home Showtime Showcase House. Love the room shot - another hanging chair!


Some great Wendy Mink necklaces



They remind me of these napkin rings from Neiman Marcus (by Kim Seybert, who is my new obsession in tabletop decor)

And finally, guess which one is the ring and which one is the napkin ring?Top: napkin ring (another Neiman's find). Bottom: ring (by Kenneth Jay Lane @ Macy's.) But I'd wear them both!