Tuesday, November 17, 2009

H is for... Housewares

Everything about my wedding was wonderful - the flowers, the dress, the groom - but my husband and I discussed it and there is one teeny tiny thing we may have done differently: the registry. I love my dishes, don't get me wrong (we did Kate Spade's Pompano Point for fancy pants days and Nambe's Butterfly for everyday), but about a year ago, I had a flash of brilliance. To register for twelve different sets of china, one place setting of each set. That means everyone at the table would get a different gorgeous plate. We could get all the dishes we liked, no hours in Bloomingale's working out a compromise between two different patterns... Of course, I can still carry out this dream by picking up a new funky place setting from time to time, but for now I'm working on putting together my dream team. Here are the twelve I would register for now if I could (I picked two shops, Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.)

Love this one
Ombrages by Raynaud at Bloomie's.


I would want to mix in fun colors with gorgeous neutrals - this Missoni one would definitely do the trick

From Bloomie's.


I haven't hid my love for all things Kelly Wearstler on this blog - here are two sets of her china that I'm in love with


Both from Neiman Marcus.

Another Neiman's option to bring some color and whimsy to the party - this adorable owl dinnerware called Taika


For some bold black and white I'd definitely get this Kate Spade style (from Bloomie's)


And balance it out with this mellow, sweet one, also Kate Spade (Bloomie's)


This Juliska motif has been a fav of mine for a while (I have the cake plate, which sadly only gets used once a year, if that.)
from Bloomie's.


These melamine personalized plates from Neiman's would be fabulous - I might have one for indoors and a few more for when we entertain al fresco.


Love this zen one
Golden pearls from Neiman Marcus.


This lace one - Jasper Conran for Wedgewood at Bloomie's is high on my wish list


And of course the table wouldn't be complete without the red coral by Raynaud at Bloomie's.


And to take the cake, I'd get one of this amazing table runners from Kim Seybery at Neiman Marcus. Time to plan my next dinner party!