Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I is for... Interior Designers

Good design doesn't just happen. It takes planning, organization, creativity. So here is a list of some of my favorite interior designers.

#1. Kelly Wearstler. She isn't just an interior designer, she's a brand. I love how she moves fluidly between hotel design, residential design and products. Definitely how I would like my business to grow.

I will always love canopy chairs. And the detail in the moulding with the black and gold paint? Subtle but gorgeous.


A great outdoor residential space. Makes me feel like I'm back on vacation


A STUNNING kitchen



#2. Jonathan Adler. Many are aware of his product design, but I think his interior designs are equally fabulous.

A fun Mad-Men-esque bedroom


I dream of the day I can put a hanging chair in a room in my house


This living room is retro without being campy


Chic!


Love the play with pattern



#3. Thom Felicia. With shows like Dress My Nest and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy under his belt, he has a lot of great press. His interiors are so serene - I love them!



Classic, chic and beautiful.


#4. Betsy Burnham. A local LA designer who I can't get enough of.


The detailing on that cabinet is kind of genius.


#5. Amy Lau is a designer I've mentioned often on this blog. Her guts to continue the wallpaper on the ceiling - good move!
** all images from the designers' websites