Monday, November 2, 2009

Home Shopping Network

We seem to be on a home shopping spree. Each winter we tend to get on a huge home decor shopping bonanza (getting ready to hibernate?) Last winter we did the dining room and living room. This winter the priorities seem to be the den, second bedroom and Master bedroom. And this weekend, we went bargain shopping - and as I updated on my twitter account (follow me @alissa_thegoods) - we found some bargains that made me wonder if I was a great person in a previous life and am now redeeming my good karma points.

We initially saw a rug a West Elm that we wanted for the den. But when I saw this one at Ikea, I literally did a happy dance.


At $179 for a 5' x 8' rug, it is definitely "the look for less" of Nate Berkus' apartment as seen in Elle Decor (image from Apartment Therapy).

In the bedroom, we didn't have any major scores, just some small fun things to spruce it up:

An Urban Outfitters jewelry tree for my nightstand.

I have loved this LOVE motif (I saw it on a poster by Alexander Girard sold at Velocity Art & Design) - now it's a pillow at Urban Outfitters!


This bedside lamps from Pier One (ours is similar, but there was no image online) only cost us $30 each!



At Ikea we bought a ton of little goodies to spruce up the house (tons of sheepskins and flokati - even though it is still 90 degrees here in LA!)

New sheepskins for each bedside.


I missed my "fun" chair dearly. We bought this chair last year and kept it outside, but it rotted in the rain! I bought it again to keep in the 2nd bedroom...
And I bought the matching stool/ottoman - great set up for getting my book club reading done.

We also added a flokati to the 2nd bedroom. Our dog might want that bedroom as his own.
Next weekend - picking paint colors for the 2nd bedroom and wall art for the den! I'm on a roll! I can't be stopped!