Monday, November 9, 2009

D is for... Details

The real magic of interior design happens in the details. It's easy to get bogged down with the big items - sofas, chairs, beds, tables - but I think what makes a room really stand out is the little details.

I love this ad from Rocky Mountain Hardware - I think it all goes perfectly with my modern dream Malibu house.




This great light switch with featured in Elle Decor - when you are doing vintage/Anthropologie furniture wouldn't this be perfect?


by Forbes and Lomax


Here are a few more images from Forbes and Lomax website - am I a total design nerd that I have a favorite switch plate website?


Because when you've found the perfect wallpaper, why ruin it with an ugly, run-of-the-mill outlet cover?

And of course Anthropologie has some great hardware options.

Love this mother of pearl knob:



Or this vintage catalog card pull? The perfect way to spruce up a great flea market find.

Hooray for details!