Tuesday, November 17, 2009

H is for... Hotels

As I mentioned earlier today, my week-long trip to Jamaica for a wedding was spectacular. The hotel was amazing (Moon Dance Villas). The bride and groom were glowing. And the whole experience made me realize that I need to travel WAY more while I still can. Here are some gorgeously designed hotels that make me want to get on the road.

Hotel #1: Cabo Azul. This hotel opened in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico while I was working at the hospitality design firm Dodd Mitchell Design. I had the pleasure of going down twice to work on it - once for the grand opening. I would love to go again someday (but not for work!)

The guestrooms have the most fantastic mood lighting


That view is stunning!


The entrance to the delicious restaurant, Javier's. Love the hanging lanterns


Lounging by the pool. Yes please.


The amazing Palapa Bar


A pool lounger - I'd love one of these at my house (plus a pool)


The resort


Hotel #2: The much blogged about Ace Hotel in Palm Springs. Can't wait to visit (but worried about cheating on my favorite hotel, The Parker). Designed by Commune (pictures from the Commune website)




LOVE the Palm Springs bohemian vibe.


For a completely different city vibe, I'm loving these two urban hotels designed by Cheryl Rowley Design.
Hotel #3: The Wit in Chicago


Love the book covers - very witty.

Hotel #4: Her Miami hotel, Epic Hotel & Residences.



So tranquil. And I would definitely attend any boring conference in that amazing conference room!

Next vacation for me - skiing!