Tuesday, November 10, 2009

E is for... Entry

I really do live in my dream house - we have gorgeous French doors, a fantastic kitchen, and a wonderful yard, but if I could change two things, we would have bigger closets and a formal entry for me to decorate. Here are some of my favorite entry spaces at other peoples' homes:

These first three are from the Domino book of decorating.

I LOVE the chandelier and the drapes - I'm trying to convince a client to do a similar drapery look in her formal entry space - let's hope she lets me pull the trigger!


This entry has two of my favorite elements: peacock mirror and zebra rug.

From the blue color to the patterned runner to the sweet doggy, I love this one



This entry is by Thom Felicia featured in House Beautiful. I like that he doesn't over-do it with massive furniture - the sweet chair and great lanterns go a long way,




Another House Beautiful one, designed by Alessandra Branca, has a gorgeous suzani bench pictured in the lower right corner. I want it!



And last (but certainly not least), I'm loving this black wallpaper from Rita Konig's entry from Domino Mag.